Understand the dangers, mitigate the risks and take appropriate action against misuse of social media in the workplace
Why you should attend
Social media has revolutionised the way in which people communicate in the modern world. Platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp and Snapchat have become an integral part of our lives in recent years and allow information to be shared globally and instantaneously. While there are many advantages to instant communication, misuse of social media in the workplace is an increasingly pressing issue and its effects are being felt throughout the employment world; where, in reality, the misuse of social media is just another form of misconduct.
Examples of social media misuse include:
- Discrimination Reputational damage
- Bullying and harassment Inappropriate images
- Sharing confidential information “Switching off” at work
This seminar will tackle the key concerns for employers around social media and outline the core legal considerations in dealing with issues as they arise in your workplace:
This seminar delivers essential guidance to help you:
- Understand the main platforms and uses of social media in your workplace;
- Understand the main legal risks presented to your business by the misuse of social media;
- Optimise your Social Media Policy from the employee induction process;
- Ensure your policies and procedures are fit for the digital workplace;
- Train your staff about the proper use of social media; and
- Follow ACAS/LRA guidelines and understand the latest court and tribunal decisions.
This session will be co-facilitated by Tughans.