We are seeking an Employee Relations HR Consultant to join our team and manage a portfolio of retained client accounts, along with a number of non-retained accounts. We pride ourselves on a personalised service and therefore match every one of our retained and non-retained clients to a dedicated consultant. You will therefore have the opportunity to get to know your accounts in-depth and have a tangible impact on their organisation. We are seeking someone who will see themselves as an extension of our clients’ teams.
As an Employee Relations HR Consultant you will support our clients through management and resolution of a range of cases by providing coaching and advice on employment legislation and best practice HR solutions. This is a key role in mitigating legal and operational risk to our clients.
The successful candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of employee relations, human resource management and employment law. You will enjoy delivering training to managers in the day-to-day ownership of HR responsibilities and will equally be eager to learn new skills and challenge your existing approach to delivering results. You will be a strategic thinker, problem solver and will have excellent communication skills with a record of taking ownership to manage ER/HR projects to their conclusion.
- Delivery of the highest quality ER and HR advice and support to Think People’s clients.
- Delivery of coaching and workshop-style training to clients on managing HR issues, ER casework procedures and HR technical topics.
- Consistently provide day-to-day employee relations advice and support on issues including sickness absence management, disciplinary, grievance, performance management, flexible working cases, dealing with Unions, and all other HR subjects.
- Undertake reviews and audits of HR policies and procedures and their implementation in client organisations
- Design, develop and implement policies, procedures and processes that provide up to date and best practice foundations for day to day people management.
- Compose comprehensive correspondence on ER cases and other HR projects.
- Support clients with consultations, redundancies, restructures and reorganisations including preparation and facilitation of Settlement Agreements.
- Coach clients on dealing with grievance, disciplinary and performance issues.
- Remain up to date with employment legislation and best practice developments, and efficiently share this knowledge with colleagues and clients.
- Retention of current clients through exceptional service, expert advice and support.
- Bring new thinking to organisations to allow the development of their HR function, to support best practice, develop successful leaders and add value.
- Build long term, lasting relationships to become a trusted advisor, supporting clients through challenges and opportunities.
- Business development to develop and market our services to new and existing clients, such as delivery of public seminars, writing thought leadership articles, on-the-road networking, attendance at networking events and conferences etc. You will also be expected to develop your own ideas for growing your client portfolio.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a professional ER/HR work environment.
- Experience in an outsourced HR consultancy/agency
- 3rd level education in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrable experience of writing comprehensive correspondence relating to employee issues.
- Computer literate with a good level in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A full, clean driving licence and access to a vehicle to travel to client sites across the island of Ireland and Britain when necessary.
Plus demonstrable experience of
- Providing advice on investigating performance, absence, grievance and disciplinary issues including complex case management.
- Planning and implementing ER and HR change projects.
- Advising on, designing and implementing policies, procedures and processes, and the ability to interpret policies practically and pragmatically.
- Design and delivery of HR training for managers and other business stakeholders in a range of formats, such as one-to-one coaching, small group seminars and workshops.
- Experience managing multiple projects to deadlines and on budget.
- Experience evaluating and reporting the impact of HR and ER interventions.
- 2:1 or higher in Law, HR or a Business related subject
- Subject expert on ROI and GB employment law
- Tribunal experience
- A strong relationship builder with experience of developing long lasting professional relationships with various stakeholders.
- Ability to present confidently, credibly and effectively.
- Totally customer driven and focused on delivering results.
- Motivated by and comfortable with variety and a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to think on your feet, generating options and ideas in response to customer needs and challenges.
- Commercial thinking with the ability to apply this to both customer and Think People’s needs.
- Planning and organisation skills to ensure delivery of results.
- Numerical and verbal analytical skills.
- Strong writing skills with keen attention to detail.
How to Apply
- Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure your CV or cover letter addresses each of the Essential Criteria and Competencies outlined in the job description.
- Closing Date Friday 21st February at 5.00pm