As an Employee Relations HR Consultant you will provide expert advice to our clients. You will provide support across the range of cases and ER projects providing advice on the impact of employment legislation best practice with a consideration of the commercial impact.
Our ER Consultants have a direct business impact by coaching and providing hands support to our clients to proactively manage through ER cases and projects. This is a critical role for our clients; managing business need, mitigating risk and ensuring clients are aware of potential risks of different options.
The successful candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of employee relations, human resource management and employment law. You will enjoy delivering training to managers in the day to day ownership of HR responsibilities and will equally be eager to learn new skills and challenge your existing approach to delivering results. You will be a problem solver with excellent communication and relationship building skills, proactivity with experience, taking ownership and proactively moving cases and projects to their conclusion.
- Delivery of the highest quality advice and support to Think People’s clients.
- Provide compliant and commercially sound specialist employee relations advice and day to day support on employment related issues, including sickness absence management, disciplinary, grievance, performance management, flexible working cases and other HR areas including dealing with Unions.
- Compose comprehensive correspondence on ER cases and other HR projects.
- Coach clients on dealing with grievance, disciplinary and performance issues.
- To support clients with consultations, redundancies, restructures and reorganisations.
- Delivery of training to clients on managing HR issues, ER casework procedures and HR technical topics.
- Design, develop and implement policies, procedures and processes that provide up to date and best practice foundations for day to day people management.
- To remain up to date with employment legislation and to share knowledge with colleagues.
- Retention of current clients through exceptional service, expert advice and support.
- Bring new thinking to organisations to allow the development of their HR function, to support best practice, develop successful leaders and add value.
- Build long term, lasting relationships to become a trusted advisor, supporting clients through challenges and opportunities.
- Business development, including involvement in commercial activities to develop and market our services to new and existing clients including cross selling the range of services in Think People’s portfolio.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a professional ER/HR work environment and a strong technical background and evidence of delivering ER/HR projects and providing on the ground support and advice.
- 3rd level education in a relevant subject.
- Strong experience of managing and composing comprehensive correspondence employee issues, providing advice and investigating performance, absence, grievance and disciplinary issues including complex case management.
- Experience of planning and implementing ER and HR change projects e g. reorganisation and redundancies.
- Experience designing, implementing and advising on HR best practice on policies.
- Implementing projects that deliver results to deadline and on budget.
- Providing confidence through proactive management of projects and engagement with clients.
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders and maintaining strong relationships through the delivery of robust case and project management.
- Computer literate to a good level in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- A driving license with ability to travel to client sites across the Island of Ireland and Britain when necessary
- 2:1 or higher in HR, Law or Business related subject
- 3 years’ experience in a HR consultancy or similar environment.
- Subject expert on RoI and GB employment law.
- Delivery of technical HR and ER training for managers and business stakeholders.
- Tribunal experience
- A strong relationship builder with experience of working with varied stakeholders developing long lasting professional relationships.
- Excellent written communication with keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to present yourself confidently, credibly and effectively.
- Totally customer driven and focused on delivering results.
- Motivated by and comfortable with variety and a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, problem solving and generating options and ideas in timely way in response to customer needs and challenges.
- Commercial awareness with the ability to apply this to both customer and Think People’s needs.
- Planning and organisation skills to ensure delivery of results.
- Can work independently while recognising the importance of a team spirit.
Closing Date Monday 14th Sept 2020, 9am